Friday, April 5, 2013

The Cure for Pain is at Tiffany's

"Expecting a trouble free life because you are a good person, is like expecting a bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."

Isn't that a great quote?!?!  I wish I had ben the one to think that one up, but it wasn't me.  It was Jeffery Holland.  The first time I read it, I laughed.  It's funny and incredibly true.

Today, I ventured downtown with a good friend of mine (MISS ROBIN SPAHR!!!) who got my butt off the couch and into the mall.  It was at the mall where the first order of business was to go to Tiffany's.  That place is girl nirvana and I wasn't complaining.  In fact I'd like to have one of everything, please!  We went to a few other stores in the mall, but there came a point where I needed to sit down.  The pain was unbearable.

Benches didn't cut it.  But I remembered there was a couch back at Tiffany's.  This couch was heavenly.  Soft, plush and in a quiet store where my ears weren't thumping from brain vibrating music, that couch was my saving grace.  I sat down and stayed.  The store clerks weren't upset I had taken over their sitting area.  Instead they started bringing me rings to try on and necklaces to look at.  Could the day not have gone better?  Talk about feel the love.

Anyway, there may seemingly be no point to this post, but while life feels like a charging bull, there are good times too.  Even when I am in pain.  But for being in epic pain, I got to try on some half a million dollars worth of jewelry.  Can't complain about that!

Meniere's Survival Tip of the Day: Caffeine free herbal Ginger tea and honey.  Fixes even the most vertigo stricken nauseated stomach.  I discovered it the other day and I am back to zen with my gut!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tiffanys! What a fab place to ease the pain. Best medicine. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete