Wednesday, April 6, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Goodbye Forever By, Bonnie Hearn Hill




Goodbye Forever was a fascinating read.  It kept me on my toes from start to finish and I found myself captivated by the main character, Kit Doyle.  Kit was quite the complex character and her relationship with her husband Richard was equally complicated.

The band of kids bent on mayhem that Kit was investigating were of equal interest.  I found myself intrigued by their hierarchy of control.  For teenagers, Hill showed a much darker, near cult side to a group of young adults.  There is a nefarious psychologist involved who I wanted to reach through the page and smack frequently.  I know I am not setting this up very well, but I am not kidding when I say that it is better that you just buy the book and read it so you can have your own love/hate relationship with they characters.  Evil?  Yes, they are.  Selfish?  Yep, that too. 

Sorry, I got side tracked.  Back to Kit…

Kit’s goal was to rescue her Husband’s niece from this cult-like group, offering herself as sacrifice and becoming one of the disturbed kids.  There were times that I worried Kit would lose her humanity as she positioned herself deep within the group, but she did manage to remain true to herself and to the girls she was aiming to rescue. I’ll not ruin the ending, but I do have to say it goes out with a bang.  In fact, I’ll even add that the author is fully capable in exploring a wide range of emotions while reading.  Yes, you will laugh, cry, scream and everything in between.  It has caused some havoc in my house seeing as I am apparently quite vocal when I read.


Fair warning, however.  This book is not for the faint at heart or for lovers of light fiction and beach reads.  There is a decent amount of F-words and weightier topics are discussed.  Regardless, Ms. Hill is a talented writer and this second Kit Doyle installment was fascinating!



Bonnie Hearn Hill writes issue-driven suspense. A film based on one of her novels is currently in pre-production. GOODBYE FOREVER, the second in the Kit Doyle series will publish in January of 2016. IF ANYTHING SHOULD HAPPEN is her fourteenth novel.
To learn more about Bonnie, please visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment