Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Eat Your Heart Out Tom Selleck!


I hate homework. I know I have been out of school for a really long time, but nobody clued me in about kids and their homework until I was smack dab in the middle of it and haven't found my way out yet. Call me crazy, but I can count on one hand how many times I asked my parents for homework help and I thought my kids were going to be the same way.

I was so terribly wrong!

Not much of Tanner and Brooks' homework kicks my fanny (geez! It's only 2nd and 4th grade!), but I grumble louder than both boys combined. Last night's assignment was a freakish one time exception. Tanner had to write an article about an imaginary contest and this is how it went down:

Stache Dash 2011

Annual mustache growing contest in downtown Oklahoma City. Grand Prize winner receives one thousand dollars cash. Gus O'Stache's mustache measured at 40 feet. "I'm so excited to win the prize this year," says Gus. "I can braid, twist and tie it in a knot." When we asked Gus what was the worst thing about having a mustache, Gus said, "I trip on it a lot."

Best of luck to Gus's mustache!


Tanner and I were giggling thick as thieves. For the record, my only contribution is Gus's name and Tanner did the rest. At least we had one night of fun homework and then it'll be back to the slog!

No comments:

Post a Comment